Saturday, May 22, 2010

Donna Vivino/ Elphaba / Wicked


Today has been a great day. First... Our new dog Freedom Bear is in our home. He is adorable but inisists on marking the interior of our house.. Not Cool... We are cool with him marking the outside.

Second.... my friend Pam Mattei is a craftsperson by day and a "dresser" in the theatre by night. She is currently working on "Wicked" so when she offered a backstage tour I was in! Sooooooo cool to see the inner workings of this fab play. More photos to come.

Third.... as we exit backstage, there was a group of kids that asked us if we were famous. Too funny! So after I got in my car I drove by the stage door to photograph the next generation of theatre goers. When Donna Vivino, who stars as Elphaba comes out without makeup. She still has green in her hairline. Thanks to her powerhouse performance in Wicked she has inspired the next generation to love the theatre. Or maybe even the next Elphaba since I am sure "Wicked" will continue to defy gravity forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment