Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Dare to Be Different / Iris Apfel

As I sorted recent Pins on Pinterest, there was a pattern. I kept pinning this interesting woman. What attracted me??? Glasses, Jewelry, Color Combo, Age, I'm not sure. Once I realized that I have many pictures of the same woman. There had to be a story. I learned her name then I had to google her to find out more. Iris inspires me in so many ways. I now have a board decicated to Iris. Only Icons rate their own boards. First, her distinctive personal style. She is a collector and decorator. Her lovely 5th Avenue Home is filled with collections. She started a fashion business in her 80's. Finally...I started collecting Vintage Bakelite jewelry the second I saw this photo of Iris. If we knew eachother we would be friends. Now where do I get a pair of those glasses!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment